Image via WikipediaI just got back from having lunch with one of my best friends, Shalimar. We had a delicious and highly nutritious Japanese lunch downtown before she had to leave for work. It's been a while since we last hung out, so it was really nice to catch up. I love my friends and I wish I could see them more, but I understand that we all have our own schedules and most of my friends are busier than I am. I take what I can get and I always appreciate it.
It was also a really beautiful day today-- the sun was out, there was a nice little breeze, and I was able to leave the house without a coat! Amazing!
Today is Day 10 of my 30 Tweets to 30 Peeps challenge (click here) and my assignment today is address someone you don’t talk to as much as you’d like to. That's easy. Ever since I moved out to the West coast I've really been missing my friends in Philly, and wish I could see them more than once a year. I wish they would move out here, actually. That would be awesome! I try to call my friends back home when I can, but I'm not really a phone person and neither are my friends, and chatting on the phone isn't the same as having a face to face conversation.
@PhillyFrenz: I miss you so much! I loved how I could call you any time to hang out. I wish you'd move here and we could all go out together like oldtimes
In other news, I received a Lovely Blog award from Amy at Life's Journey With a Smile! In order to receive this award I must first share seven things about myself, and then pass the award on to nine super bloggers. Here we go!
Seven Random Facts About Myself (really just the first things that came to mind):
1) My favorite Shakespeare play is Hamlet. It's hilarious, gloomy, and frightening, all at once.
2) My music taste ranges from blues to hard rock to bubble-gum pop to gangsta rap to R&B. This generally surprises a lot of people.
3) I love doodling.
4) I just finished reading Stephen King's On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft, and highly recommend it to anyone who thinks novel-writing is in their future. Get some tips from the pro!
5) I have a scar on my left foot as a result of an accident on the pottery wheel when I was eight years old.
6) I don't own a blowdryer, I let my hair air-dry. I also don't use any styling products. I guess you can tell.
7) Sometimes I think I have a mild case of OCD. Little things can be really annoying to me.
And now to pass this award on to nine Lovely Bloggers!
-- Simply Green
-- Coyote Rose
-- The Diary of an Indy Grrl
-- Tex and the City
-- The Far Too Important Blog
-- Stacy Says
-- Carissa Jaded
-- From the Head of the Danaconda
On a completely different note, I decided that enough was enough and it was time to finally make a Youtube video addressing the haters I have accumulated on that site. I don't know why they even bother writing me nasty comments-- if you don't like my videos, don't watch them. Telling me that I'm retarded isn't going to stop me from posting videos of myself rapping. I'm aware I'm making a fool of myself, that doesn't bother me. Seriously, pick on someone who cares!
My boyfriend thought I said "ummm" too many times, but I'm not reading off a script, I'm doing this off the cuff. Gimme a break!