I have a random request of the people who I have sent zines to: would you be willing to take a photo of yourself posing with the zine? I'm going to make a project out of it and I would appreciate your cooperation. If you don't feel comfortable with taking a photo of yourself because you don't want me to invade your privacy, no worries-- I'm not trying to blow up your spot. I'm just really happy that all the copies of the HORROR issue have been sold and now I'm getting a bunch of submissions for the next issue. You all rule and I want to celebrate!
I'm posting my Bloggerstock entry here because only one of my readers commented on it. Was it because what I had to say wasn't very interesting, or was it because no one was really blog-hopping this month? I'm not sure. You be the judge.
For this month's installment of Bloggerstock, we were asked to tell the world the things for which we are NOT thankful. If I made a complete and comprehensive list of all the shit that pisses me off I don't think you'd have the time to read it and frankly I don't feel the need to spend a hundred pages ranting about all of the stupid things people do and why it irritates me. No. That's not what the season of Thanksgiving is about. It's about gathering around a table full of good food with your friends and family and as the wine kicks in the conversation starts to get heated and finally everyone's chattin S and cornbread is being flung across the table. Am I right? So here's a brief list of the things I am not thankful for:
1) People who go out of their way to be a dick. This one lady bit my head off when I asked her to "please hold the door" for the elevator at my old office building. She had just gotten in the elevator as I was entering the building and it only took her a second to hold the door for me to get in. She huffed and puffed until she got to her floor, and she said something nasty which I shrugged off and don't remember. Maybe she was having a bad day, but that's still no reason to take it out on a complete stranger. I've also experienced a lot of random and unwarranted rudeness in my years working in customer service jobs where it was my duty to be kind and helpful to everyone. People take advantage of kindness, or interpret courtesy for insincerity. People are weird.
2) People who hurt/are mean to animals. Animals are so wonderful. I don't think you should kill an animal unless you are going to eat it, and I believe we need to protect endangered species, like the Big Cats that poachers are killing off all over the world. It's wrong, and it's very sad to me that certain animals that I love may not be around for much longer, through no fault of their own. People need to get a grip and stop massacring wildlife.
3) Insects and grime. Yuck. Nothing is a bigger turn-off for me than a dirty kitchen or swarms of flies. Soooo nasty.
4) Pimples. I really thought that by now I wouldn't have to worry about getting zits. I guess that was just a teenage fantasy, that once you reach adulthood pimples become a thing of the past. Nope.
5) Being broke. I'm used to being thrifty and have never been much of a big spender. I think my biggest purchase ever was an iPod four years ago. Not spending money isn't a problem, but it's nice to know that there's money available if I need it. It really sucks that I can't put any money away for savings because I have no money in the first place. Pretty much all of my funds go to bills and student loan payments. It really sucks to feel desperate.
6) Infomercials and TV channels that stop showing actual programs at midnight. What is this, the 1970s? Why is it that people who stay up past the late shows have nothing to watch on television besides advertisements about losing weight and removing unsightly back and ass hair? Us night owls wanna watch shows! Who makes these decisions about program schedules, I'd really like to know so I can tell them that while they may go to bed at eight o'clock on the dot every night, that not everyone else does. Some of us like to kick back and relax to the soothing sounds and visual delights of the boob tube. Why won't you appease us?
So, that's my list, folks. I could keep going but something inside me is saying that you probably have other things going on in your life and reading my blog isn't a top priority. It's all right, I understand. I'll just go cry in the corner now...